Date:      24 Aug 2002 23:37:24 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Easy way to upgrade?

--=-zk0gHQEDm//tZPc/AgIp

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 23:33, Ryan Sommers wrote:
> First off, is there any way to tell what version of GNOME you have
> installed? I think I installed GNOME2 before 2.1 was released, but I
> don't remember.=20

Just go a pkg_info | grep gnome.  Unlike KDE, it's not as easy to see
what version of GNOME you're running at.  However, to update all your
GNOME components, you might want to do:

portupgrade -r pkgconfig

This assumes you have sysutils/portupgrade installed.  Running that
command after a cvsup of the ports tree is the best way to upgrade GNOME
if you're already running GNOME 2.x.

If you're upgrading from GNOME 1.4.x, you'll want to have a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q4

Joe

>=20
> Second, what is the easiest way to upgrade everything to 2.1 if I do
> already have 2.0 installed? Will a 'make install clean' from the
> /x11/gnome2 meta-port take care of it all?
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
> Gamer's Impact President
> ryans@gamersimpact.com
> ICQ: 1019590
> AIM/MSN: leadZERO
>=20
> -=3D http://www.gamersimpact.com =3D-
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-zk0gHQEDm//tZPc/AgIp

--=-zk0gHQEDm//tZPc/AgIp--