Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 13:43:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gillham@andrews.edu (Andrew Gillham)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stability questions...

> > by signal 11" or similar when I am trying to compile a kernel.
> > Restarting make will eventually get it all built though.  Is this a
> > known problem with 2.0.5-RELEASE, or is my hardware flakey?
>
> This has been a sign of hardware flakeyness or misconfiguration
> in every instance I've ever seen, that's all I can really say.
>
> 					Jordan

So... What do you suggest?  Disabling the hardware cache?
Why would the 2.2-CURRENT and NetBSD kernels not have the problem?
I'm fairly sure that 2.2-CURRENT (as of saturday) _doesn't_ have
the SEGV problem, just the biodone problem.
I am willing to accept that it is my ASUS if nobody else has seen the
problem.  I will try it after disabling my cache, etc. (i.e. load BIOS
default)

-Andrew