Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:09:52 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Patrick <patrick@stealthgeeks.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSL-related problem

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 05:39:39PM -0800, Patrick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cvsup'd to the latest stable today, did all of the normal foo to get a
> new kernel and world. I ended up with a system where any of my
> ports/locally installed software that relies on OpenSSL craps out with
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: (executable name): Undefined symbol
> "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
>
> My workaround was to go and rebuild these programs to get everything back
> up, but this definitely seems like it shouldn't be.
>
> I saw someone else reported something similar but received no response.
>
> Any idea?

I imagine this happened because you created a symlink from
libcrypto.so.2 -> libcrypto.so.3.  Don't do that.  Just leave the
old libcrypto.so.2 alone, or move it to /usr/lib/compat.

libcrypto.so.2 (OpenSSL 0.9.6) export the symbol
`OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms', but libcrypto.so.3 (OpenSSL 0.9.7) does
not.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos