Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 12:34:22 -0500
From:      dbjames@bga.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   unable to access samba shares from win nt machine

Hi,

	I was wondering if you could give me a little
help on Samba.  I
am trying to access Samba shares on with a win nt
machine.  The FreeBSD machine shows up in the
network neighborhood of the win nt machine. But,
when I try to access the share on the FreeBSD
machine,  I get "invalid password or incorrect
user name for: \\Don".  "Don" is the win nt
machine.

	I have set win nt to use plain text passwords.
 The username was set using smbpasswd.

	I haven't been able to get SWAT to work in
spite of entering the correct lines in
/etc/inetd.conf  and /etc/services.

My smb.conf file looks like this:

[global]
encrypt passwords = yes
workgroup = shit
[test]
comment = for testing only
read only = no
guest ok = yes

	Can you give me a hint as to what I'm doing
wrong?

Sincerely,

Don James
Austin, Texas