Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:12:48 -0500
From:      "Rossen Raykov" <rraykov@sageian.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Serialization problem.

Hi All,

I was using native jdk1.2.2-beta (not the lat one - (build
jdk1.2.2-FreeBSD:root:2000/10/25-20:23, green threads, nojit)) to
communicate from JServ to WebLogic (Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_06).
Yesterday I discover strange problem with serialization.
The Date object is not deserialized correctly on BSD side.
All dates before April 1 2001 ware ok.
After this date the Date object on BSD was with a day after the Date object
on WebLogic?!
Running the same application on other Linux/JServ ageinst the same WebLogic
sever is fine.
I changed the JDK on BSD box to the linux one (build Linux_JDK_1.2.2_RC4,
green threads, sunwjit) and the error disappeared!
I believed the error is inside BSD java port.
For a pity I don't have time to dig it in depth nor to build the last
version.

Rossen