Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 12:22:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        freebsd-announce

Andrzej Bialecki says it well:

----- Forwarded message from Andrzej Bialecki -----

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that a new mailing list has been created: you can
join it by sending "subscribe freebsd-small" to majordomo@freebsd.org.

This list discusses topics related to unusually small and embedded
FreeBSD installations. I hope we will share ideas on:

* booting process and devices (various filesystems, flash RAM, EEPROM
  etc...),
* available and recommended hardware,
* special hardware (peripherals such as probes, relays, readers, step
  motors etc, etc), and support for it,
* details of (necessarily different) setup and configuration,
* user applications (shall we say: router? :) and real-life applications,
* special setups such as PicoBSD,
* and many others.

I'm also willing to maintain WWW pages related to these topics. I know
some of you have some experience in this area, and I encourage you to
submit ideas and pointers. There are already a few things I've been
collecting for some time... Please see http://www.freebsd.org/~abial for
these.

Andrzej Bialecki

----

to subscribe to a FreeBSD mailing list, send mail to
majordomo@FreeBSD.org containing the single line
"subscribe <listname>".  replace <listname> by the name of
the list you want to subscribe to.

for example:
        echo "subscribe freebsd-small" | mail majordomo@FreeBSD.org

to unsubscribe use:

you will be asked, via email, to confirm your subscription request via email.
after confirming your subscription request, you will receive notification,
via email, that your subscription has been accepted.

jmb

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org