Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 07:45:32 +0900
From:      KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@kx.openedu.org>
To:        Johannes Lundberg <johalun0@gmail.com>
Cc:        "Zane C. B-H." <vvelox@vvelox.net>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current state of Intel support

Hi,

At Tue, 8 May 2018 09:22:43 +0100,
Johannes Lundberg wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Zane C. B-H. <vvelox@vvelox.net> wrote:
>
> > I am curious, where are we at on 11 stable when it comes to support for
> > newer Intel chipsets? Just wondering how usable X is when it comes to
> > x5-Z8350 Cherry trail or the like.
> >

> Hi
>
> I've been running 12-CURRENT with drm 4.9 successfully on Cherry Trail but
> that was a while ago. Currently all my Atom boards are on a different
> continent so I haven't been able to do any testing lately with the
> backported drm code to 11-stable.
> It should work fine but if there's any issues you can always run with the
> scfb driver for now. The Z8350 is fast so it can handle software rendering
> quite good.

Me too! Now i'm sending this mail from x5-Z8350 [1].
x5-Z8350 needs graphics/drm-next-kmod and should be
added 'kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"' in rc.conf.
Since my laptop's memory is 4 GB and storage is eMMC (64GB),
reldering is not so fast and somtimes freeeze in case of
over load especcially chromium runnning ;-) [2].

Now existing problem is sound because *-CURRENT does not
support Intel SST Audio Device(WDM).

[1] http://ds.truefc.org/~kiri/freebsd/sg116j/dmesg.boot
[2] http://ds.truefc.org/~kiri/freebsd/sg116j/Xorg.0.log