Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:58:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: My posts of port updates

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:

> My apologies... I will be hunting some true mastersites for the mails I putted
> on the list already.

On the bright side, we don't have to close a PR.

> /distfiles/ in the URL means it will not qualify as he said... Are there other
> parts of an URL that denotes non-MASTER_SITES?

It is not the /distfiles/ part of the MASTER_SITE that disqualifies it
(technically), it's the fact that the sites you listed get the file from
the port made from the Makefile with the sites you listed that get the
file from the Makefile, etc, etc.

> Mayhaps another addition to the port handbook as well as the specification of
> multiple files using a \ .

This is basic Makefile syntax. Things that are seperated by whitespace can
also be seperated with a carriage return preceded by a ``\''

Look in /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk in the section where MASTER_SITE_*'s are
defined before updating Makefiles, and make sure the MASTER_SITES's you
list aren't just FreeBSD.org mirrors.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -