Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 23:02:53 +73800 (CST)
To:        pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, jlevine@time-A.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
Subject:   Re: good NTP servers

okay...  I'm going to try to get the official word here...  It seems illogical
that NIST would be synched to USNO, it follows everything that I've heard that
it is the other way around where USNO would synch to NIST.

I'm Cc:'ing this to someone who should be able to answer this question:

    "Between NIST and USNO, who obtains synch from whom, and how"?

My bet is that USNO is traceable to NIST.

In reply:

Jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you   | "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid | briefed, debriefed, indexed, or