Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:46:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Christer Solskogen" <solskogen@carebears.mine.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix locks 5.1-servers?

> Hi,
> are anyone familiar with conditions where postfix may bring a 5.1-p10
> server to a halt, making the server accept incoming ports (such as 22) but
> serve nothing, making getty(8) become non-respondent (pressing enter
> doesn't give any feedback) and making the server ignore ctrl-alt-del etc?
>
> I've got two boxes running FreeBSD 5.1-p10 and Postfix 2.0.10,1 and
> 2.0.13,1. They also have a java process (v1.3.1 and v1.4.1) running, but
> that one is an extremely tiny process that can only be accessed from one
> specific IP and when executing lives for a couple of milliseconds.
>
> Does this ring any bells with anyone? We've been at it for a while and not
> being able to figure it out. The boxes are quite different hardwareish, so
> I don't suspect that being the problem.

I cant recall any problems with postfix and 5.1-p10, but why dont you run
the latest version of postfix?
Try upgrading postfix to postfix-2.0.16,1. Maybe it will resolve your
problem.

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen

"Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend!"
-Spider Jerusalem