Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:27:49 +0100
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with pgp ports?

Hi folks,

well, has anyone recently tried to get the pgp ports to work? I did so
today, and I made some diasppointing discoveries.

I started with the pgp6 port. It built and installed fine, but when I tried
to generate my key, it said "Floating Exception" and dumped core. The same
happened also when doing a simple "pgp -h".

So, I wiped pgp6 and tried pgp5. This let me start the key generation
process, however, as soon as I selected what kind of key I wanted, it said
"Received Signal 8" and hung. Looking at top on a different console showed
that pgp5 was consuming a whole lot of CPU time, but even after 5 minutes,
it wouldn't come up with a result of whatever it was doing, so I killed it.
Repeated attempts didn't help me any further.

The last thing I tried was then the pgp port (version 2). This one does
indeed work - it let me generate a key, and from what I can say at this
point, it seems to do as expected in conjucntion with mutt.

So, does anyone have a clue what's up with the pgp5 and pgp6 ports? If
someone is using these, it must have been my error that they wouldn't work
for me, but right now, I really cannot imagine that I did something wrong.

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany