Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 2009 10:59:17 -0400
From:      Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
Cc:        Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@free.fr>, Diego Depaoli <trebestie@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD 780G chipset major issues 3/3 (btx)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 4:59 AM, Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>wrote=
:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
>
>  Le Monday 06 April 2009, Diego Depaoli a =C3=A9crit :
>>
>>> And finally...
>>> if I enable ahci in bios the system won't boot  with btx halted.
>>> Ctrl+alt+del is the only allowed action.
>>>
>>> Yes... it's a low cost motherboard, but I'm a bit confused.
>>>

>> My latest computer is also a 780G machine (running Stable, instead of
>> current).
>>

> Could we have some make/models guys? I'm interested in a new integrated
> graphics MB for CURRENT and want to know what to avoid.
>  Cheers.
>
> --
> Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
> Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
> Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
> Tel: +44 161 295 6843  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key

Some Linux distributions are requesting permission after an install to send
a hardware profile to their official site .

By collecting and using such profile values  a data base may be constructed
by FreeBSD .

By studying that data base FreeBSD users may get information about next
hardware selections .

When an installation detects a problem  about a  hardware part it may also
be sent to that data base to  evaluate  to its  reasons .

Hardware manufacturers may check that data base  for possible  utilization
of data  for their  next product designs .

That data base may be an incentive to hardware producers to  support FreeBS=
and be known   by FreeBSD users .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk