Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 12:41:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Howard <jrh@zeppelin.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Netscape slowness in current

This was discussed a while back, it seems, for some reason that still doesn't
make much sense to me, that adding (before the execution of netscape.bin) :

export XCMSDB; XCMSDB=/dev/null

to /usr/local/bin/netscape causes it to startup. Also, removing

user_pref("browser.startup.license_accepted", "1000 4.03b8");

from ~/.netscape/preferences.js seems to do the trick.

On 12-Oct-97 Kristian Kennaway wrote:

> Any ideas?
>
> Kris

---
Josh Howard (jrh@zeppelin.net) -- http://www.zeppelin.net
I am so optimistic about beef prices that I've just leased a pot roast
with an option to buy.