Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:52:08 +0200
From:      Bernard Spil <brnrd@freebsd.org>
To:        apache@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removal of www/apache22

Hi all,

Just noticed that the Apache project has removed the patches they had
for 2.2.34.

     http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/patches/apply_to_2.2.34/

Combined with the security update of 2.4 branch to 2.4.33 leads me to
believe that Apache 2.2 is now vulnerable and no patches will be
provided.

If someone wishes to step up and get patches for 2.2 from e.g. RedHat,
we may be able to keep the port alive for a bit longer. If no one steps
up, I see no other way forward than to delete the port as indicated by
the DEPRECATED variable and expiration date 2017-07-01 since July 2016.

Cheers,

Bernard.