Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:42:21 -0500
From:      "Zachary Welch" <administration@techntaboodle.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mail server questions

Hello to all,

BSD newbie here, running 6.2 on a core 2 quad system I built.

I'm Trying to get a secure mail server going and running into some snags:

First things first - After installing postfix (which seems to work when
testing) and cyrus-sasl2, I opted for the Maildir/ config option in my
main.cf but no ~/user/Maildir/ was every created. I also installed Dovecot
IMAP and Procmail as I continued in the process thinking they might pick up
the slack. Still no generated Maildir/. When I try to check /var/spool/mail,
there are also no user folders present. Was there a step in the process I
missed? Everything was installed from a freshly cvsup'd and portsnap'd ports
tree with no compile errors to speak of.

Zachary J Welch

President

Tech N' Taboodle

2081 E. Henrietta Rd