Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:04:43 -0400
From:      Justin Seger <jseger@scds.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Removing tcl-7.6/tk-4.2 from the ports collection

I know this has been brought up in the past, but looking at our current
collection, now is a good time to do it.

I'd like to remove lang/tcl-7.6 and x11-toolkits/tk-4.2 from the ports
collection.
First of all, this does not effect ja-tcl-7.6 or ja-tk-4.2.  There are still
quite a few ports that depend on the japanese versions.  However, the only
ports that depend on the normal tcl-7.6/tk-4.2 are:

mbone/mbone_vcr-1.4a2: A tool to record and play back multicast sessions
	     MAINTAINER: fenner

          According to http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/mbone-vcr/:
                 Note: this project is no longer supported

           SUGGESTION: Remove this port

print/gp-2.5.p2: A GUI Printer manager written with Tcl/Tk
     MAINTAINER: kiri@kiri.toba-cmt.ac.jp

     According to Fenner's portsurvey, this has been unfetchable since
October,1999
     SUGGESTION: Make this port japanese only, move it to japanese/gp and
remove
                 dependency on lang/tcl-7.6

x11-fm/tkdesk-1.1: A graphical, highly configurable and powerful file
manager
       MAINTAINER: dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk

       According to Fenner's portsurvey, this has been unfetchable since
November,1999
           The webpage referred to in the Makefile redirects to a website
that is
               unreachable.

       SUGGESTION: remove this port

If I don't hear any loud protests to any of the above actions, I will go
ahead with the
above suggestions, and then delete tcl-7.6/tk-4.2

Thanks,
Justin Seger