Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:44:20 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Various things in the air -- what is the forecast?

Tony Kimball wrote:

> I'm wondering when some of the major pent-up items for current will
> make it in.  Specifically, the CAM stuff, and ELF.  Although I'm told
> one "don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows", I
> have to ask whether anyone can make an educated guess as to when these
> storms might hit?

The addition of ELF support to the source tree is expected soon. This
is needed for FreeBSD/Alpha. I think it has been decided to import
GNU binutils and do both 32-bit and 64-bit ELF at the same time. This
doesn't mean a change from a.out to ELF in that time frame, though.
AFAIK, that decision hasn't been made.

Regards,

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137