Date:      Tue, 05 Jan 1999 08:15:19 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
Cc:        "Florian_Uhl@3com.com" <Florian_Uhl@3com.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ppp

larry_nilsen wrote:

> One thing i just thought of is my mouse is also on
> cuua0 and so is my modem which was detected on sio0
> my windows 95 side of this computer says my modem
> is on port COMPRO Comport (COM3)

That would seem to be your problem. Don't _ever_ believe anything
Win95 says, it changes IRQ's and addresses of PnP devices to suit
itself (I have 2 serial ports and an internal modem, but in the past I
seen 5 serial ports in Win95's device manager!!!).

I suggest you boot: -c and enable sio2 (COM3 in DOS terms) and if
necessary configure the modem via pnp to use the IRQ and address of
sio2 (and change your ppp.conf to use /dev/cuaa2).

HTH

--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com