Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:15:41 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.FreeBSD.ORG>, Dave Walton <walton@nordicrecords.com>
Cc:        nsayer@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SRP (Was: Re: Whither makefiles for src/crypto/telnet/* ?)

--On Sonntag, 15. August 1999, 15:55 -0700 Kris Kennaway
<kris@hub.FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> RFC 2222, Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
> seems to cover this from my initial skimming. This would be the way to go
> for both SRP and SRA, IMO. There may already be RFCs describing the
> integration of telnet with SASL (although I couldn't find any).
>
> SASL doesn't specify the API as far as I can tell. We should look for
> existing efforts and try and standardize.

You might want to check the Cyrus-SASL library as
ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail.

I haven't looked into it, but it seems like what you're searching for.

ciao
  lutz

--
Lutz Albers, lutz@muc.de, pgp key available from <http://www.pgp.net>;
Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.