Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 01:30:23 GMT
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error connecting socket error from napster

I just installed napster and on first fireup I get only;

$ nap
Reading config...
Getting best host...
Error connecting socket

the docs seem sparse, and the web site too.

I don't see a lot on the subject in our mailing lists..

I am not sure about the nap.conf file, which comes like so;

user=username
pass=?
upload=music/;music2/
download=music/
dataport=6699
connection=3
email=email@here.com

I didn't know what to put in the user name, so I registered with
napster under windows, and then inserted my username and password
from there nap.conf file.

Any ideas?