Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:55:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Joe Yandle <joe@wlcg.com>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of JDK for FreeBSD?

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Joe Yandle wrote:

> > > The URL for the RFE is:
> > >
> > > http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4288745.html
> >
> > This requires registration.  Is there a non-registration-required section
> > I can point people at?
> >

> No, registration is required.
>
> > If not, I can pretty much guarantee that within the first 10 posts someone
> > will say "OK, use <username> and <password> to access this", which might
> > be counter-productive if it annoys Sun.
> >

> Each registration allows you to have only three votes, so if someone were
> to post this it wouldn't help anyone.  Anyone who wanted to vote would
> have to register themselves.
>
> Of course, Sun might get suspicious when they see a lot of registrations
> with the username 'asdf123' ;)

Impossible.  Sun enforces unique usernames, the entire subject was a
reasonable thing to ask, but absolutely not a worry.  Besides, with all
the Java resources available at Sun for the free regustration, not
registering is indefensible.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)