Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 01:24:37 -800
From:      "Mark L. Holloway" <mholloway@flashmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Preserve kernal settings?

I just did a binary upgrade (/stand/sysinstall -> upgrade) from 3.2 to 3.2.
Everything went fine but when it was all finished I had to go to my root directory,
"cp kernal.GENERIC kernal" so the system could reboot successfully, but now
it looks like I need to re-do my kernal options again.  For example, if I have
IPFILTER, bpf, or any options enable do I need to redo them again after an upgrade?
 There must be a better method!

Thanks!!
Mark