Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:56:44 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Archive pruning

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, you wrote:

> 	Any further discussion from you on this point that doesn't include code
> is totally and completely without value. You haven't proven the value of
> your suggestion to _anyone's_ satisfaction, so no one is going to do it
> for you. So if you're not willing to actually do it, please let it drop.

You are correct that I "haven't proven" yet. Much of this is because the
audience doesn't relate to the problem because they don't see themselves
directly impacted by it. However, they are paying for it every time they use
cvsup or cvs.

That's the trouble with this developer community. They see EVERYTHING as
WRITING CODE and "adding on". This is not about writing code. The code
already exists. I am just advocating using it in a different way.

As for the actual "doing", I'm quite willing to do to actual "legwork" that
results from the change. But the change is a fundamental change in the way
the organization "does business". Unless the organization makes a change,
there is nothing to do.

I think that it is just a matter of time until the matter gets raised by yet
another person as the underlying problem gets more acute.

I'll sit back and wait...