Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:48:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        winter@jurai.net (Matthew N. Dodd)
Cc:        dg@root.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, yury@bistbn.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci if_tl.c if_tlreg.h

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Matthew N. Dodd
had to walk into mine and say:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, David Greenman wrote:
> > >I'm not sure - it's nothing I personally can test.  Anyone?
> >
> >    It will have to be ported to -stable first. There is no time to do this
> > before the release.
>
> IIRC it was 'ported' to -current after being developed on -stable.

I already have a 2.2.x version of the driver in /home/wpaul/tl/2.2
on freefall (grr... okay, for you web browsing types, I also put a
copy at http://freebsd.org/~wpaul/thunderlan/2.2). The code is the
same  as the -current version except for 2.2/3.0 differences (i.e. PCI
initialization and multicast handling). I've been keeping a 2.2 version
synced with the changes I've been making in -current, but I've resisted
putting the driver into the 2.2.x tree due a lack of feedback about the
driver's stability. I know that it works for me on my original
development machine, but I was hoping to get some more user reports
before putting it in the 2.2 branch.

-Bill