Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:56:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      <up@3.am>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   login.conf and resource limits

I'm new to the concept of login classes and /etc/login.conf.  I need to
set limits on shell users resources to prevent things like the BUFFERSIZE
DoS attack, but what I've tried here isn't working:

default:\
        :copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
        :welcome=/etc/motd:\
        :setenv=MAIL=/home/$/Maildir,BLOCKSIZE=K:\
        :path=~/bin /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin:\
        :nologin=/var/run/nologin:\
        :cputime=unlimited:\
        :datasize=20M:\
        :stacksize=4M:\
        :memorylocked=8M:\
        :memoryuse=16M:\
        :filesize=10M:\
        :coredumpsize=10M:\
        :openfiles=48:\
        :maxproc=64:\
        :priority=0:\
        :ignoretime@:\
        :umask=022:

This is what I came up with after checking out the man pages and examples
in login.conf.  If someone who's addressed this has a good example default
config, that would be very helpful.

TIA,

up@3.am							    http://3.am