Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:41:45 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Matthijs Breemans <matthijs@groov.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Binary updates for SA-06:23?

Matthijs Breemans wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:02:29 +0300, Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr> wrote:
>> Is it just me, or freebsd-update isn't yet shipping the openssl updates?
>> I'm trying (on an SMP machine) to fetch them, but there seem to be none
>> available. I'd like to confirm that sleep deprivation isn't the culprit
>> here, so I've checked in /usr/local/freebsd-update/work/ and the
>> subdirectory with the highest number contains the SA-06:21 files.
>>
>> Anyone seen that clue bat please?
>>
> They published the updates yesterday, i think.

That's weird then.

# pwd
/usr/local/freebsd-update/work
# find . -type f -name libcrypto\*
./35/install/lib/libcrypto.so.4
./35/install/usr/lib/libcrypto_p.a
./35/install/usr/lib/libcrypto.a
./35/rollback/lib/libcrypto.so.4
./35/rollback/usr/lib/libcrypto.a
./35/rollback/usr/lib/libcrypto_p.a
# ls -l 35/updates
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1379 Sep  7 10:26 35/updates

This would indicate that update #35 is from SA-06:19. Yet, I get no more
updates:

# freebsd-update fetch
Fetching updates signature...
Fetching hash list signature...
Examining local system...
No updates available

In case it matters, this is on 6.1-SECURITY/SMP with freebsd-update from
ports.

Thanks,

Panagiotis