Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:30:57 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        enrique m <carol2@beaver.slip.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uninstalling freebsd (heaven forbid!)

On Monday, 11 January 1999 at 21:47:57 -0800, enrique m wrote:
> How do I uninstall FreeBSD?

I don't know.  I've never done it.

More seriously, you don't uninstall an operating system, you install
something else on top of it.  You need to ask the people who make the
new operating system how to do it.

> I have attached lists of my drives, 0 being the first drive and 1 being the
> second. I have tried to install FreeBSD on my second drive, above 1024
> cylinders, booting from the first. If this is not possible, I would like to
> remove the boot manager. How do I remove the boot manager?

Overwrite the first sector on disk.  If you want to boot, you should
overwrite it with some other boot manager.  Again, not our call.

Greg