Date:      Sun, 27 May 2001 11:38:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        diskman@kc.rr.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Alpha PC164SX

--------------Boundary-00=_CF30ASBXFQQMYJ0CCJD0

> I'll just go ahead and swing over to Tru64. It appears to be well
> supported and there appears to be more software dedicated
> specifically for it and the alpha.  Don't get me wrong, I don't
> have anything against the FREE movement but I generally have the
> impression, if its free odds are you don't want it [;-)  Tru64 is
> $75 well invested I feel.

Tru64 is probably a good idea for an individual who is only
interested in _running_ a system, not playing with it. Bear in mind
of course this is a personal license. This personal license would
cost me $130CAD but a 5 user commercial license for Tru64 would cost
me $7800CAD. FreeBSD on the other hand will cost me only some spare
time.

-Michael