Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 23:25:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net>
To:        David Loszewski <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, <newbie@XFree86.Org>, <xpert@XFree86.Org>
Subject:   Re: [Xpert]No Screens on XFree86

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, David Loszewski wrote:

> I just installed XFree86-4.1.0, after I finished installing it I did the
> 'XFree86 -configure' and it made my configuration file, so then I type
> 'startx' and this is the error it gives me:

Did you copy the created config file (./XF86Config.new) to
/etc/X11/XF86Config? If not, that probably explains why the log is
claiming that it couldn't open the config file.

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN