Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:41:13 -0700
From:      VR <atgrim@thevine.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 and a Sony 8x CD-ROM Drive.

I just received FreeBSD 2.2.2 on CD-ROM. When I tried to install it, it
would not recognize my cd-rom at all, although it appeared that the
driver was in fact there. I am new to FreeBSD and UNIX so I have
probably done something wrong. I have read and re-read all
documentation  that I could find and I was unable to figure out just
what is going on.  Also, I began a dos installation and it seemed to go
fine until it reached the ports collection. It then gave me the message
that the "File system is full. Unable to write to disk". After that, it
installed XFree86 without a hitch. It did not load the boot manager like
it was supposed to, and it was supposedly missing xf32-xc.tgz off the
cd-rom. Did I get a bogus disk?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vince Rodriguez