Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:00:01 GMT
From:      Gary Palmer <freebsd-gnats@in-addr.com>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/182386: mail/thunderbird-i18n: fail to build at install stage

The following reply was made to PR ports/182386; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gary Palmer <freebsd-gnats@in-addr.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, cheunghonyu@gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/182386: mail/thunderbird-i18n: fail to build at install
 stage
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 00:57:01 +0100

 I had a similar problem.  Found that if I looked into the thunderbird
 build then I was getting core dumps during the install stage, and that
 may have messed things up in the package files (not sure).  I was
 running my world without clang, so this was thunderbird built with gcc.
 I have portmaster set to hide the build ( -H option ), and the coredumps
 were really easy to see as they showed up on the terminal rather than in
 the log.  I believe it was hitting SIGBUS.

 I haven't been able to upgrade thunderbird yet.  I installed clang and
 ran into a different problem with clang actually crashing during the
 build.  Haven't had the time to chase it further yet.

 Is your thunderbird being built with gcc or clang?