Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 18:27:00 +0100
From:      Joao Pedras <jpedras@webvolution.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel compile problem

hi all

I am having some trouble to compile the kernel in a couple of systems.

The core dumps of the compiler occur on the same place. If I cvsup again,
then the error will occur somewhere else.

I have read on the lists that this might be memory related, but these
systems do the buildworld successfully and they have done the whole upgrade
procedure correctly (several times!) in the past.

In terms of hardware they have nothing in common and I am using '-O -pipe'.
Maybe trying without the -O ?

The systems are 4.2-stable and I am upgrading to 4.3-stable.

One last thing... could a overly optimized gcc be doing this ? If so, how
could install gcc only, since the buildworld is fine...

Tkx for your time

Joao