Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2011 17:42:03 -0500
From:      Roger Hammerstein <cheeky.m@live.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re: BSDInstall on sparc64

> I've prepared a test ISO image of the new BSDInstall installer for
> sparc64=2C which can be found at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/bsdinstall-sparc64-20110215.iso.bz2

> It works fine on my Ultra 5=2C but I'd appreciate wider testing on
> sparc64 (as well as general feedback) before we begin integrating this
> into the build infrastructure.

Works on an Ultra 60 with 2 cpus.

falcon# uname -a
FreeBSD falcon 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #24 r218643M: Sun Feb 13 10:=
49:35 CST 2011     root@comporellon.tachypleus.net:/usr/obj/sparc64.sparc64=
/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64
falcon#

I did a guided  install via serial console.

after hostname input I saw :=20
rm: /tmp/bsdinstall_etc/fstab: No such file or directory

On a different attempt=2C  I wasn't sure how to exit the LiveCD portion of =
it and get back into the installer.   I could type sysinstall
to get into sysinstall=2C but that isn't the same.  I  ended up rebooting.

I configured a static ip and expected 'tab' to get me onto the Netmask line=
=2C needed
to use the down error.

Works for me.

 		 	   		  =