Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:03:15 -0500
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Michael Pinnella <deneb@walkingwizard.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IMAP and IMAP-SSL login problems

On Dec 21, 2003, at 10:42 PM, Michael Pinnella wrote:
> I have both IMAP and IMAP-SSL on my BSD box (for inside and outside the
> firewall). I can connect with no problems with IMAP-SSL, but when I
> try and
> connect with IMAP, it does not accept my password, and I am sure I am
> typing
> in the correct password. Has anyone had any problems with this.

See /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw/pkg-message:

"===>   NB: IMAP-UW now rejects non-encrypted logins by default. To
change this
===>   behaviour, recompile and reinstall cclient and imap-uw ports
with one of
===>   the following make variables defined:

WITHOUT_SSL - build without SSL/encryption support.
WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT - build with SSL/encryption support, but allow
non-encrypted logins."

--
-Chuck