Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 21:33:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.org
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, sos@FreeBSD.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: syscons driver

> Nope, they are closely related . And it depends on what you want to do
> or how much effort you want to spend on some funky graphic API .

Ok, the reason I'm working on an API is that I can find NOTHING ELSE
that fits my needs for a simple easy to use GUI API.

> The thread on why people are not writing X apps  or whatever apps got
> deviated by the obvious exception of your sysintall which of course
> we can drag into the discussion if you like.

Hmm, I stated time and time again that my little GUI thingie will run
quite nicely in a X window, so if you chose to use it (when ready)
you win both way, you have a VGA and a X app on the same time.
I can't see what we are agueing about here ??
We can agree so far that we havn't written any GUI apps yet, and that
was what I tried to get changed by providing the tools to do it...

> If memory does not failed me , the why people don't write apps
> subject was first mentioned by Soren and he proposed yet another
> graphic API. Thats when I started jumping in . Furthermore, it is my
> believe, Jordan, that you want to or wanted to de-emphasize X apps
> due to:
>
> 1)	X is hard to install
> 2)	X is hard to configure
>
> And I think that the points have been answered at least to my satisfaction

Come on guys, why is it that you dont get it that there are LOADS of
users out there that either don't have the HW or simply dont want to
run X for various reasons (I'm not one of them I use X :) :) )

Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time.