Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:44:39 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   rdump between two FreeBSD machines

Is there any documentation on the correct syntax or other related magic
to use when doing an rdump between two FreeBSD machines?  The manpage
for rdump is the same as for dump, but the details about rdumping are
left out of it.  I've dug on the web site, the handbook, the book, asked
my wife to no avail.  Can anyone loan me a clue as to what hidden BSD
trick I'm missing?

I've tried:

dumphost# dump foo:/file/system /dev/nrsa0

..but nothing seems to happen, and yes, I've got dumphost in foo's
/etc/hosts.equiv.

I have a feeling its got something to do with root on dumphost accessing
foo and some security concern that keeps it from happening, but I can't
figure it out.

Even better, is there a recipe for doing it with ssh?  Would love that.
But I'd like to know how to do it the simple (if insecure) way, too.

--
swb@grasslake.net
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.