Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:28:34 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        dima@sinp.msu.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dynamic libraries

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:09:16PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <Pine.BSF.4.43.0204121308470.4449-100000@BigKing.sinp.msu.ru>
>             Dmitry Mottl <dima@sinp.msu.ru> writes:
> : How can I link C program with different versions of the same library?
>=20
> You can't.

Okay; what exactly is it that you cannot do - link a program against
two versions of the same library simultaneously (I thought so), or
link a program against a *specified* version of a library (what, I think,
the original poster clarifies he wants to do, for no specific reason)?

If it is the first, well, it stands to reason :)  If it is the first
thing and the first thing only, then how do you do the second thing?
(insert flashbacks from "Analyze This" as appropriate)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy--