Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:24:13 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        "Dag-Erling =?utf-8?q?Sm=C3=B8rgrav?=" <des@des.no>
Cc:        core@freeebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: away

=E5=9C=A8 Thursday 30 March 2006 18:55=EF=BC=8CDag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav Wro=
te=EF=BC=9A

> At the tail end of two days spent immersed in libthr, I sniped at you
> on -committers.  That was wrong.  I understand that you were insulted.
> I compounded my mistake by not apologizing immediately.  I'm not
> trying to defend that.
>=20
> To spell it out plainly, for the record: David, what I wrote to you on
> -committers was unfair and unprofessional, and I apologize.
>=20
> However, I do not understand how things developed from there.  I tried
> to start a technical discussion with you on -threads, explaining what
> I thought was wrong with libthr, hoping that you would understand my
> concerns, and hoping to work with you to correct and improve the code.
> This did not work out.  Perhaps you had already made up your mind to
> leave; perhaps you were too hurt to read anything but insult into
> anything I wrote.
>=20
> I am not trying to rush you, as you implied, and I would not commit my
> patch without your approval; if I did, I'd be out on my arse faster
> than you can say "backout war", and with good reason.

I accept your apology, it is not my intention to keep so long time without
an clear answer, I just was a bit sad.
I received lots of mail (many are in private), thanks everyone who sent mai=
l=20
to me and gave me very good comments, most are encouragement,
philosophic ideas.

Regards,
David Xu