Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:39:49 -0800
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com
To:        lolarch@tiscali.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb advice

> can I put 2 devices onto one usb plug.
>
> I'd like to solder an internal card reader and a usb socket onto
> one usb plug so that I can plug it in to the internal usb socket
> on the usb card, is this possible?

You can do it, but not quite that way.  What you need is to plug
a hub into the card's internal socket, and then plug each of the
devices into one of the hub's ports.  Depending on how much power
your devices use, it might need to be a powered hub.

In a way, this is easier: no soldering needed.

BTW this is really not a FreeBSD question :)