Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:59:00 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Some proposed changes in expectation of obj'able doc makes

Hi

I generated a set of patches to teach the doc building process to work
properly should we have an existant obj directory, but for the old doc
mindset, and I'm working on recreating them for the new.

Currently, in Makefiles all around we have statements like:

DOC_PREFIX?= ../../..

I propose we change all of them to:

DOC_PREFIX?= ${.CURDIR}/../../..

Also, we have a whole bunch of:

.include "../../../share/sgml/docproj.docbook.mk"

which I think should become:

.include "${DOC_PREFIX}/share/sgml/docproj.docbook.mk"

I'm not a make expert, but could we achieve it by:

.PATH: ${DOC_PREFIX}/share/sgml
.include "docproj.docbook.mk"

That might make things easier for doc generation without the whole tree?

In any case, I'll generate the patchset and send it in when I'm on my
own time.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner