Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 07:32:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
To:        Adauto Souza <adauto@df.ufpe.br>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha PC

> I've tried to install both FreeBSD and OpenBSD but
> I face problems with the BIOS. Indeed the machines
> have Alpha BIOS instead SRM.
FreeBSD does not yet support booting from AlphaBIOS.
The FreeBSD Alpha team is working on a solution for this problem but until
they come up with something like MILO for you need to be using the SRM
firmware. I dont know if the 164LX has SRM available for it but you would
have to check DEC's site or the archives for that one.

-Don