Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 20:40:45 +0300
From:      "Tibor Borzak" <cezy@inext.ro>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IP questions..

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BEA881.32545DF0

Hello,

I'm running FreeBSD 3.0.6 as an Internet server (DNS, SMTP) and also as =
a local gateway for a local area network.
I'm mesuring the amount of MB consumed by each client using the ipfw =
show command.
I limit the speed of the conection using the firewall.rules facility. =
Here I have an each group for each client.
My problem is : when a client from the LAN, changing his IP address =
(normally allocated from my domain)
I'm losing the control to mesauring the trafic correctly.
Exist any posibility to deny some IP addresses (as in Linux in ip_deny) =
to connect to my server ? Exact where=20
and how must I set it ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

A FreeBSD newbie..
Tibor Borzak (: cezy :)
Internext

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01BEA881.32545DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D'"MSHTML 5.00.0910.1309"' name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm running FreeBSD 3.0.6 as an Internet server (DNS, SMTP) and =
also as a=20
local gateway for a local area network.</DIV>
<DIV>I'm mesuring the amount of MB consumed by each client using the =
ipfw show=20
command.</DIV>
<DIV>I limit the speed of the conection using the firewall.rules =
facility. Here=20
I have an each group for each client.</DIV>
<DIV>My problem is : when a client from the LAN, changing his IP address =

(normally allocated from my domain)</DIV>
<DIV>I'm losing the control to mesauring the trafic correctly.</DIV>
<DIV>Exist any posibility to deny some IP addresses (as in Linux in =
ip_deny) to=20
connect to my server ? Exact where </DIV>
<DIV>and how must I set it ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks a lot for your help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>