Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:06:58 -0600
From:      Dave Babb <dcbdbis@comcast.net>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   TCSH issue

Good Morning All,

Upon a recommendation of a fellow and very experienced FreeBSD user...I
have switched from bash to tcsh as my user shell.  I have not and will
not change the root's shell from sh.

But regardless if I am at a CLI or in a terminal window on my "X" based
desktop, tcsh is behaving strange. sh has the same issue.

Let me explain: If I fat finger something into the cli....lets say
"freeecolor -om"....If I was to place my cursor on the last "e" and
backspace...everythings fine...However if I put my cursor on that same
letter and press the delete key...it doesn't delete the letter, rather
it inserts a tilde "~". "sh" behaves the same way on my system.

Does anyone know how I can correct this behavior?

FreeBSD 10.0-Release-p9, x64.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave