Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:32:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        Chris Tracy <ncrawler@telerama.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fresh 4.0-STABLE install - not possible anymore?

> ftp://releng4.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/[newest snapshot],

How about some 'defaults' such as selecting 4.0-LATEST-SNAP that's simply
a symlink.  Similarly for 5.0 etc. etc. etc.  Further, if you select
4.0-LATEST, try releng 4, etc.  By NO means do I imply removing
manual ability; however, being able to select defaults would be nice.

I've noticed that in running stable, I often have to change the install
name to RELEASE in order to get somethings that I want (notably
packages), which a symlink, again, would go a long way :)

Just 1.95 cents on the subject....