Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:34:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chance Gray (CSC)" <gray@chuma.cas.usf.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 2.1 problems

I recently upgraded to 2.1 from 2.1-SNAP.  When I log in now from a
remote machine I can barely run anything.  Simple things like 'cat' and
'ls' lock up my sessions.  Everything except the ports works fine from
the console however.  I thought recompiling the kernel might make a
difference, but I am now having problems doing that.  I installed 2.1
over my old 2.0.5 file systems.  I assume the installation replaces all
of the binaries and libraries so that should not be a problem.  The
machine is a P-90 with 16MB RAM and a 1.2 GB WDHD.  I have heard of these
machines acting a little squirrely.  Oh yeah and it is a TRITON MotherBoard.

Any suggestions?

Chance Gray
CAS Computing
x2418