Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 23:28:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disallowing IRC traffic

Terry Todd wrote:

> I have a setup where my 2.1.6 freebsd system acts as a router for
> my LAN in my house connecting via PPP to my ISP.  I would like to
> be able to let everything run in and out except IRC traffic.
> What's the best way to do this?

Assume you wish to screen IRC traffic (i.e., block it at the gateway), you
want the `ipfw' software.  See the section in the FreeBSD Handbook entitled
`Firewalls'.
-----
Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
"I support efforts to limit the terms of members of Congress, especially
members of the House and members of the Senate."
        -- former Vice-President Dan Quayle