Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:27:03 -0500
From:      Austin Shafer <amshafer64@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [GSoc] Looking for a mentor for a summer of code project

Hi freebsd-arm,

	My name is Austin Shafer and I am looking for a Google Summer of =
Code mentor.  I loved reading Joseph Kong=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9CFreeBSD =
Device Drivers: A Guide For The Intrepid=E2=80=9D and want to pursue a =
project that could apply and build on what I had learned. The project =
that caught my eye is =E2=80=9CImproving support for an embedded =
CPU/Board=E2=80=9D.=20

=
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas#Improve_support_for_an_embedded=
_CPU.2Fboard =
<https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeIdeas#Improve_support_for_an_embedde=
d_CPU.2Fboard>

	A little about me, I am an undergraduate student in computer =
science who has used a FreeBSD desktop for school development throughout =
most of college. I interned at Juniper Networks last summer and got to =
meet some great members of the FreeBSD community. Although I have done =
plenty of C and assembly code programming, I am still new to OS =
development and want to learn as much as I can.

	The project involves bringing support for hardware devices such =
as SATA controllers, SD/MMC interfaces, I2C and SPI interfaces, sound, =
graphics hardware (2D only), and USB/USB2/USB3. I was interested in =
working on the BeagleBone (TI AM335x CPU) but I am interested to hear =
your recommendations on what CPU/board I should pursue.=20

	If you are interested in mentoring me or have suggestions for =
what I should do please let me know!

Thanks for your time,
    Austin Shafer=