Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:12:22 +0300
From:      Vitalij Satanivskij <satan@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Memory leack in Wired?

Hello

Some time ago, after update system on several servers I'm notice strange memory behavior

For example

Mem: 1245M Active, 937M Inact, 4093M Wired, 13M Cache, 1670M Free
ARC: 495M Total, 50M MFU, 192M MRU, 17M Anon, 29M Header, 208M Other

For zfs  configures is

vm.kmem_size="3G"
vfs.zfs.arc_max="2G"
vfs.zfs.arc_min="1G"

prefetcher disabled.

All machines have  zfs only fs.

Wired slowly grow until processes begin killed by "out of swap".

Stoping all active software, unmount and export main zfs pool's (with dbs or another kind of data) don't free any memory.

That's behavior notice on current begin from May. Older system eg r245701 working just fine.

Untile 18/07/2013 (last system upgrade) no change in behavior.

Memory usage grow very slowly on system with 32gb  around two-there weeks.

First it ets all free memory, than begin eating zfs arc memory, and than we must reboot machine.

First question  - hove to detect  is it realy problem (vmstat -m don't tell any sumsystem to eat memory) and

for what this memory allocated?

Second - is anybody have similar problem ?