Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:48:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        MAX@one.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unknown error

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 MAX@one.com.au wrote:

> I am having some difficulties in compiling one of these database ports from
> mumps.org . I am using the current version of freebsd 4.0-alpha . But somehow
> this error leave no clues.

Hmmm.  You don't tell us the file that caused the error; heck, you seem to
be too embarrassed to even tell us what port it's from.  Please, if you
want help, you're going to have to try harder to let us know what you're
trying to fix.  Tell us things like what port it's from, include enough of
hte problem listing so we can see the entire compiler line that generated
that error, what FreeBSD version you're running, what hardware, and
anything else that might pop into your head, that might help us figure out
what went wrong.

> /tmp/ccfCC509.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccfCC509.s:27822: Error: unknown opcode `fnstenv'
> /tmp/ccfCC509.s:27857: Error: unknown opcode `fldenv'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Any ideas?

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C & Java programming,
New Year's Resolution:  I  | electronics, communications, and
will not sphroxify gullible| signal processing.
people into looking up     | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
fictitious words in the    |      jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)|
dictionary.                |