Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:47:00 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/sys mmap.2

On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 12:17:36PM -0800, Matt Dillon wrote:
> dillon      2000/12/03 12:17:36 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib/libc/sys         mmap.2
>   Log:
>   Add warning on file-fragmentation issues related to MAP_NOSYNC

I've got a (hopefully) quick question about this warning.  If I'm using
mmap to create shared memory segments and I don't care about the
contents of the file after the run does this fragmentation hurt me?  I'm
asking because I've got code that uses up to 1.3GB of mmaped storage.
The mmaped storage may be larger then physical memory at this point, but
the portion I actually use should fit in RAM.

Thanks,
Brooks